Monday, July 14, 2008

Video: Ween- Voodoo Lady



I know many people would disagree, but I like to think of the 90s as the best time for music...videos. Music videos. Yeah.

The reason I like the decade's music videos so much is their willingness to try anything. If you go back to Beavis and Butt-Head, you'll quickly realize how completely bizarre most bands's videos were. Ween are a fairly bizarre band in their own right, but this video is a pretty good Cliff's Notes for the decade's video output. You can just imagine the director saying that they're going to film the band underwater, but not in a pool or the ocean; no, it's going to be a weird, orange-ish, womb-like scene. And something with the shadows and air-distortions of fire. And...well, just watch it.

You can thank me later for not posting their video for 'Push Th' Little Daisies', which has a helium-voiced chorus that will embed itself in your mind just like I embedded this YouTube video in my blog. Wait, what??

No comments: