Thursday, July 3, 2008

Holy Crap, Chrono Trigger for DS!!

I know I shouldn't be this excited about what is essentially a port of a game I played the crap out of more than 10 years ago, but come on...Chrono Trigger is on my short list of "best RPG ever."
I sometimes regret trading in my SNES and the fine RPGs I had for it (complete copies of Earthbound with strategy guide, Final Fantasy III (VI), and Chrono Trigger!!) but it allowed me to buy and enjoy the ill-fated Dreamcast, which was hugely enjoyable. Still, I miss my SNES and the awesome packaging mid 90s RPGs came in.
How can you not love this cover?? Sure, it's inaccurate--Marle doesn't cast Fire magic, and I don't think you fight Heckran in the snow--but it gives you a pretty good idea of what's in store. That is to say, a kick ass RPG. Between the Diablo III announcement and this, I guess I need to put off those suicide plans for another few years, ho ho ho!!

No comments: