Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Video: Fleet Foxes- White Winter Hymnal



I developed a cold over the weekend and have spent the better part of today, off work, and convalescing. Since some kind of cold medication or cough syrup has been in my system for the better part of 24 hours, I feel pretty out of it and generally odd, especially after watching movies for hours on end.

So, here's the video for 'White Winter Hymnal' off the Fleet Foxes' self titled debut. I'll get around to reviewing the album itself one of these days, since it is unbelievably good and keeps getting better the more I listen to it (or maybe that was just the NyQuil last night...). Anyway, this video goes with the daring choice of claymation. I think it works for this song, though the obvious symbolism of the men becoming young when 'time' is 'wound backwards' so it's daytime and spring, instead of nighttime and winter, is sort of weak. Especially since the old men become young again, and dead plants become alive again. I'm not sure what, if anything, they're trying to say with all of that, but it sure is a cool thing to look at, now, isn't it children??

No comments: