Monday, September 22, 2008

Video: El-P- 'Deep Space 9mm'



Call me a racist, a rockist, or whatever you want, but hip hop, rap, or whatever the cool kids are calling it these days...well, it's never hooked me. I think this is mainly due to the fact that the production and beats are generally garbage. For instance, I love DJ Shadow's Entroducing, which is a rap record without rapping, effectively, because it's got great samples, loops, and production. Also, the content and attitude of most rap don't appeal to me, since I don't get off on pretending I can relate to ghetto violence, poverty, or bling bling millionaire philosophy.

All that said, I like this video a lot. And no, it's not because he's white. Eminem and Vanilla Ice are white, too, but you don't see me posting videos of them, do you??

My favorite part of this video is the evil group of Boy Scouts toward the end. Yeah.