Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Video: Genesis- Land of Confusion



I first saw this video as a child, and subsequently convinced myself that it had been a nightmare created by watching one of the Child's Play movies. And not, you know, a real video by a real band in which all the people (and animals, actually) are the most singularly terrifying puppets you'll see this week. Maybe even this decade.

Apparently the goal of the puppeteers was to make Genesis and the then-president Reagan and his wife even uglier to look at. It wouldn't be so bad if not for their eyes...their frightening, frightening eyes.


Still, I have a strange fascination with this video now that I know it was real after all. So, I inflict it on you, and hope you pass it on to others. Otherwise, in a week, demon-puppet Phil Collins will crawl out of your TV set and kill you.

No comments: