Thursday, May 22, 2008

Video: The Prodigy- Breathe



I really did want to make an actual, meaty post today, but unfortunately I got called into work this morning and then decided to go for a jog once I got home. So I'm neither in the mood nor state of energy to write something. Anyway: 'Breathe.'

'Breathe' takes me back to a time when electronica was finally getting big in America. I always kind of knew what "techno" sounded like, but I had no idea it could be this messed up and catchy at the same time.

Song aside, the video is very reminiscent of the video for Nine Inch Nails's 'Closer', which is one of my favorite all time videos. They both have that kind of passing-a-car-accident fascination for me. Even before the Internet, if somebody told me about something horrifying/crazy/screwed up/gross, I couldn't stop myself from eventually experiencing it. There are disgusting, screwed up things in both these videos, though in the case of 'Breathe' it's more for the odd looking band members and their cool posing than, say, a robot with a pig's head or Trent Reznor in a ball-gag and blindfold.

No comments: