Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Introductshow!!

I wish that I could tell you that this was easy to write, but I always have a hard time with openings. Would that I could just fling my first “real” post into the air and have it land, safely, in the confines of Whiskey Pie. But as with all endeavors, a kind of explanation and introduction is necessary.

Whiskey Pie is about videogames (both old, new, and somewhere in between), music of all stripes (both old, new, and somewhere in between), drinking, random musings, movies, books, the Internet, TV, nostalgia, and, just maybe, life itself. It is inspired by depression, anger, insomnia, caffeine, cynicism, sarcasm, cheap booze, bad weather, headaches, hunger, the Mountain Goats, and sudden realizations of almost startling clarity.

CJ is my esteemed colleague. A scholar and a gentleman. A drunk and a friend. A rival and an inspiration, if you will.

What you need to know about me is best summed up by the following three statements:

1) I am a pessimistic introvert with a penchant for tea and booze who nonetheless finds his way into social interaction and feelings of hope from time to time.

2) If I were going to be executed my last meal would be: shrimp as an appetizer, beef lo mein and various kinds of sushi as a main course, very dry gin martinis for a drink, and Krispy Kreme doughnuts for dessert (strawberry filled, preferably).

3) I never finished the original Super Mario Bros. or listened to the Pixies until I was a sophomore in college.

No comments: