Sunday, September 5, 2010

More Like...Redesign Pie

Ever since I first cobbled together the layout for Whiskey Pie, I've wanted something better. I'm passively asked a couple friends to take a shot at making this blog not look like crap, but none of them took me up on it. Oh well! The new design may take a bit of getting used to, but I much prefer the cleaner, more minimalist B&W look. Sadly, YouTube videos still aren't displayed properly...but I haven't done one of those for months anyway.

In other news, I'm going go try to get more posts done. I know I've been lax lately, but I've been re-thinking what I want Whiskey Pie to be.

What this means to you is that you'll be seeing more non-music and non-review content. I want t be able to muse on movies, videogames, books, as well as music, without having to cook up reviews with scores attached to them. Sometimes I'll to revisit things I have reviewed because I have more to say; sometimes I'll want to explore personal or cultural aspects of something. At the same time, I hope to start doing videos again. I haven't decided if they'll be like they were or something else. They're still really new to me and I'm trying to come up with a good format that works with the constraints of the equipment I have. Also, my charming personality and very exciting deliver. Oh wait...

Anyway, there's a slew of albums that have come out this year or that are soon coming out that I need to get to, so if you'll excuse me.

Enjoy.

-Greg Lytle

No comments: